UNITEX Printer adapter uses Prolific PL2503H it is Bus powered IEEE 1284 compliant Manages automatic negation for the fastest protocol available USB Printer Cable 5ft (1.8m)
This item only works with Printers and will NOT provide a parallel port but an emulation port for Windows to use for Printing only! USB printing support is included in Microsoft® Windows® 2000, Windows Millennium Edition (Windows Me), and Windows XP and Vista and Windows 7.
The USB-Parallel Printer Adapter enables any Windows® 98 SE, Windows® Me, Windows® XP, or Windows® 2000 equipped PC with an available USB port to print to most parallel printers. To make use of the USB-Parallel Printer Adapter simply power on your computer, insert the USB connector into an available USB port and follow the installation process.
Please review the following before installing the USB-Parallel Printer Adapter.
The following features distinguish the USB-Parallel Printer Adapter:
- Supports standard PC Parallel port operation
- The USB Printer Class driver included in Windows® XP and 2000 requires no additional driver and supports multiple printers with multiple USBParallel Printer Adapters
- Microsoft® Windows® 98 SE and Windows® Me drivers included
Note: Microsoft® Windows® XP and Windows® 2000 equipped PCs do not require driver installation.
- Pentium-class PC with minimum 266 MHz processor
- Microsoft® Windows® 98 SE, Me, XP or 2000 installed
- CD-ROM drive
- An available USB port
Check the USB Parallel Printer package, it should contain the following items:
- USB-Parallel Printer Adapter
- USB-Parallel Printer Adapter QuickStart Guide
- USB-Parallel Printer Adapter Installation CD for Windows® 98 SE and Window® Me users
Please thoroughly read and follow the instructions provided in this manual. Failure to do so may result in damage to the USB-Parallel Printer Adapter and any or all of the connected devices.
Installing the USB-Parallel Printer Adapter
Installation Windows® 98 SE
The USB-Parallel Printer Adapter can be installed on PCs running Windows® 98 SE by completing the following steps.
- Ensure that power to the PC and all connected devices is turned OFF. DO NOT plug the USB-Parallel Printer Adapter into the PC. This will be done later in the installation process.
- Power on the PC and wait until the system has finished loading
- Insert the USB-Parallel Printer Adapter installation CD into the CD-ROM drive.
- Insert the USB-Parallel Printer Adapter USB connector into an available USB port on the PC or USB hub. Windows® 98 SE will detect the new hardware automatically and prompt you to begin installation of the necessary hardware driver.
A small List of Printers that are supported.
HP HP DeskJet :
- DeskJet 420, DeskJet 500C, DeskJet 520C, DeskJet 670C,
- DeskJet 692C, DeskJet 695C, DeskJet 710C, DeskJet 750,
- DeskJet 850C, DeskJet 870C, DeskJet 890C, DeskJet 895,
- DeskJet 1100C, DeskJet 1120C
HP LaserJet :
- LaserJet III P, LaserJet 4, LaserJet 4 PLUS, LaserJet 4P,
- LaserJet 4L, LaserJet 4V, LaserJet 5P, LaserJet 5L,
- LaserJet 5M, LaserJet 6P, LaserJet 6L, LaserJet 1100A,
- LaserJet 2000C, LaserJet 2100M, LaserJet 4000, LaserJet 5000
Epson Epson Stylus :
- Stylus Color 300, Stylus Color 400, Stylus Color 440, Stylus C4
- Stylus Color 600, Stylus Color 740, Stylus Color 800, Stylus Color 850,
- Stylus Photo 700, Stylus Photo Ex ,Stylus Photo 790 , Stylus Photo 810
Epson PM :
- PM-700C, PM-750C, PM-2000C
Epson EPL :
- EPL-N1600 , LQ-300K , LQ-300K+
Canon Canon BJC :
- BJC-30, BJC-50, BJC-70, BJC-80, BJC-200, BJC-200ex,
- BJC-210, BJC-210sp, BJC-230, BJC-240, BJC-250,
- BJC-255sp, BJC-4000, BJC-4100, BJC-4200sp, BJC-4300,
- BJC 4650, BJC-6000, BJC 7000
Lexmark Lexmark :
- XJ-350, 1100, Z11
Panasonic Panasonic :