The USB-2COM-M USB Dual Serial Adapter is designed to make serial port expansion quick and simple. Connecting to a USB port on your computer or USB hub, the USB Dual Serial Adapter instantly adds two RS-232 serial communication ports to your system. By taking advantage of the USB bus, the USB Dual Serial Adapter makes it easier than ever to add serial ports and serial devices to your system with easy plug-and-play and hot plug features.
Plugging the USB Dual Serial Adapter to the USB port, the adapter is automatically detected and installed. There are no IRQ & COM port conflicts, since the ports do not require any additional IRQ, DMA, memory as resources on the system. The USB Quad Serial Adapter is self-powered, and one external power adapter is included.
The USB Dual Serial Adapter provides instant connectivity with modems, ISDN TAs, PDAs, handheld & pocket PCs, digital cameras, POS, serial printers. It is suitable for remote access, retail and industrial applications, data collection and other applications requiring high speed RS-232 serial communication ports.
- Package Contents:
- Dual Port USB to Serial Adapter Device.
- 3 foot USB A to B device cable.
- Driver Disc/Manual.
- Adds two industrial RS-232 serial ports by connecting to a USB port
- Optional feature to supply power output of 5V, 150mA through PIN-1 & 2 of terminal block to the serial devices requiring power
- Installed as standard Windows COM port
- SECC metal chassis with DIN rail bracket
- Full RS-232 modem control signals and hardware/software flow control
- RS-232 data signals: TxD, RxD, RTS, CTS, DSR, DTR, DCD, RI, GND
- High speed serial port with the baud rate up to 921.6K bps
- 128 byte transmit FIFO & 384 byte receive FIFO
- Non-standard baudrates supported
- LEDs of Power, TxD and RxD for easy port monitoring and diagnostics
- Serial port protected with surge protection of 10KV
- Powered by USB port, no external power adapter required
- Easy plug and play installation and RS-232 device connection
- COM port number assigned can be changed to any COM port number required
- Works with USB 1.1 & 2.0 host port
- OS Support:
- Windows 98, Me, XP, 2000, 2003, CE, Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8
- Linux and Mac OS 10.X